My Mom always makes "Mashed Potato Rolls" out of the leftover mashed potatoes. They are REALLY good, so I thought I would share the recipe with you. I don't know if this recipe already exists somewhere, but my Mom just made this version yesterday.
Makes approximately 24 3-inch rolls
• 3 cups leftover mashed potatoes
• 3 cups of milk
• 4 Tablespoons butter
• 7 cups white flour
• 1 Tablespoon salt
• ¼ cup honey
• 3 Tablespoons yeast
• 1 ½ cups spelt (optional)
1. Heat milk, mashed potatoes, and butter together on the stove until butter starts to melt.
2. Mix white flour, spelt, salt and yeast in a mixer.
3. Stir heated mixture. After butter in melted, pour into the mixer and mix. This will create a heavy dough. Add more flour as needed.
4. Mix on high for 3 minutes
5. Spray two baking sheets that have high sides.
6. Pour/Glop dough into the sheets. Flatten so the dough is an even height everywhere. Cut into squares and let rise.
7. Preheat oven to 375°, and bake the risen dough for approximately 25 minutes.
*You may also use sugar instead of honey
**You will need a pretty large mixer