May 22, 2014

23:18
Leavenworth, KS

"Because your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise you.  So I will bless you as long as I live; in your name I will lift up my hands"  Psalm 63:3-4

my car didn't break down today.  my cold wasn't miserable today.  we didn't get lost.  i spent the whole day with my best friend.  we talked theology, blessings, struggles, jokes, and embarrassing anecdotes.  the temperature was perfect.  we're staying at a wonderful new/old friend's house.  we drank tea.  we reconnected. we laughed. we relaxed.

In other words?  Life is good.  But you know what?  God's steadfast love -- his mercy -- is better than life.  This life I lead and the life that keeps me breathing is just nothing compared to God's mercy and love. 

 That's pretty great.

It's time to praise HIM.

No comments:

Post a Comment