May 10, 2013

Awkward & Awesome Thursday: quinze



AWKWARD
  • The above photo.  Windblown bangs (ick) and sleepy eyes.  Somethings just don't need to be documented.
  • It's Friday.  :-)
  • Well, nothing really awkward happened recently.  Actually, I ALWAYS have trouble coming up with awkward things that have happened to me.  I guess my brain just forgets them or I just don't get embarrassed very easily...
Sammi and I found this awesome camera but neither wanted to spend $25 on it and have it clutter our rooms without a purpose. :-) So take a picture with it.

AWESOME
  • I was truant yesterday.  Yes, the studybug has admitted it.  I didn't do a lick of studying yesterday.  Pretty gutsy considering I have two big CLEP tests coming up, but I was SO demotivated and it was raining.  Rain brings on my creativity and makes me happy.  So I sewed and designed all day yesterday.  It was truly awesome.
  • Garage saleing with Sammi. :-)  I spent under $5 and got my new favorite pair of jeans($.50), A pair of earrings ($.50), a belt ($1), a scarf ($.50), The Poky Little Puppy($.25), and a cardigan($2). And mum bought me a fine umbrella ($2) and some sewing related things so I could make the family cloth napkins.  On top of all that I got to hang with Sammi.  Awesome-possum.
  • Late night chats and prayers with friends.
  • I bought my plane tickets to Colorado!  I'm interning with IPS and then hanging with the Christians down there for a week in September.  Fun stuff.
  • Thankfulness.  Service.  Love.  Christian Living.  God is good, folks.  God is so incredibly good, even when I feel terrible or stressed out.  He is good and he knows.
  • Cleaning.  Making a mess disappear is so invigorating.  Had I learned it sooner it would have saved me much hassle. ;-)
  • Finding some incredible new photoshoot locations!  I'm looking forward to a nautical inspired fashion shoot maybe...Maybe I can rope the guys into participating as well!  Oh, summer, summer, wherefore art thou filled with school!
  • Jamie is home!  I only get to hang with him for 3 weeks before he goes and does grown-up things like intern in New York for the summer, so I'm soaking it up. I'm so proud of that kid.
  • Rest and quiet.  I love, love, love hospitality but sometimes it is nice to just chill with the fam and not have to say anything.  To just sit at the kitchen table and study together, or go for hours without talking out loud.  To swing, and meditate, and create, and just wait.  This is my heartcry today.
"Return, O my soul, to your rest;
    for the Lord has dealt bountifully with you."
Psalm 116:7

1 comment:

  1. Hi Joanna!
    Love your haircut! Did you cut off a lot or just get bangs? It looks great! :)

    Have a nice day! :)

    Katelyn

    ReplyDelete