May 12, 2013

Haircut!

I got my hair cut about a week ago.  I'd been planning on it for a while, but I finally decided to get it done this past week.  I went up to the Youth Conference in Appleton, WI and one of my friends there is in cosmetology school.  We got to talking about it over ice cream and we decided to just do it the next day during the 4 hour sports/fellowship break.

For some background, here is what my hair looked like LAST spring.  I got it cut just before I went to London.  I got side bangs and layers and all that jazz.  I thought it was SO short.  haha.  Yeah, no I see what my friends were saying.  It's not short. :-)


 Spring 2012


Summer 2012 - right before London

 Winter/Spring (It can't seem to decide, and it's May!) 2013
It grew probably 5+ inches in almost a year.  Time for something a little more drastic!

Summer 2013
These are my best friends Emily and Kara.  We always dress Indian on Sundays when I visit. :-) Sometimes it's chudidars and more recently it's been saris.  I love them.  LOVE them. 

Still getting used to the shorter bangs and the feel, but I do really like it.  I can still wear it any way I want, but ponytails are so incredibly fun!

It swings and bounces like you wouldn't believe.  

Just barely layered.  I love it!


P.S. Self portraits are really awkward.

2 comments:

  1. Your haircut is so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joanna, so good to know you through your profile on the Blogger. I am glad to stop by your blog "Jo-with its portfolio" and the post on it dated 12th May 2013 "Hair Cut". I am so encouraged to see you with your friends in Indian sarees. You all three look so beautiful in Indian Sarees. I have just written my comment on your other blog and I hope you approve it. I have not just commented on your post but also wrote about myself and the ministry we are doing in the great city of Mumbai, India. I am more inspired to invite you and your friends to come on a missions trip to Mumbai to work with us in the slums of MUMBAI amongst poorest of poor to bring healing to the broken hearted and to give them new life,hope,future and purpose. Have you earlier visited India?. I am qurious to know how did you started wearing sarees. God willing I will be in States in the month of June/ July and will be so glad to visit you and your friends who would be interested in coming to Mumbai for short term missions trip. Looking foward to hear from you very soon. I am once again giving my email id: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede.

    ReplyDelete