May 11, 2013

For My Mom

Dear Mom,

For all the late nights, tears, headaches, aches, & pains;
I thank you.
For all the songs, stories, rhythms, encouragements & books read aloud;
I thank you.
For all the dances, hugs, back-rubs, massages, ring-around-the-rosies, tickles, & tumbles;
I thank you.
For all the homework helps, smiley faces, challenges, successes & book-learning;
I thank you.
For all the favorite meals, snacks, & bandaids on my boo-boos (or stitches my face);
I thank you.
For all the craft skills, tea parties & dress-up clothes;
I thank you.

For your honesty and openness, not only of your home but of your heart; for loving my Daddy and showing my what a godly marriage looks like; for your quickness to forgive and ask forgiveness, for your spontaneity; for your grace; for your passion; for being a doer; for being a try-er; for falling down and picking yourself right back up; for always believing in me;

Mom, you're the best
No, seriously.  You're the coolest Mom in the history of moms.

Even when you fail at using pop slang the right way or sing at the top of your lungs in the middle of the grocery store parking lot.

Even though I haven't told you everyday or even every week or month I can start now:

I love you!

I love you mum, and I hope one day I can be as awesome of a mom as you are.


Thank you for not giving up.
Thanks for being mine.



1 comment:

  1. Dear Joanna, it is so blessed to know people who love the Lord Jesus Christ and live a life worthy of His calling. I was impressed by the two quotes on your post of dated 14th May 2013. I did write my comment in the passage that is left for comment but my comment is not accepted and hence I did get opportunity to wirte here my comment. I strongly felt that I should write you and let you know missions opportunities to work with us in the slums of Mumbai, India and invite you to come on a short term missions trip alongwith your friends to bring healing to the broken hearted. We have out reach for the poorest of poor living in the slums of Mumbai a city with great contrast where poorest of poor and the richest of rich live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted and to give them new life,hope,future and purpose. We would love to have you come with your friends to work with us. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. I am in the Pastoral ministry in this city for last 33 yrs. Looking forward to hear from you very soon

    ReplyDelete