October 12, 2013

Ups and Downs

One of the highest honors in this house is to have a "baby" or "honey" named after you.  Somebody named Steven had an incredible influence on the girls so probably 6 of their animals are named Steven.  Other popular names include Melissa, Kinoah, Kianu, and Sarah.

A Puppy dog got named after me yesterday. :-)

We have our ups and downs, the girls and I.  Sometimes I'm their best friend.  They sit next to me or want to hold my hand and play and read books.  Other times, I must look like big time competition.  They don't listen, don't look at, and plain aren't nice to me.  Those days are long.  Really long.  Today was one of those days.

 Life is full of bumps in the road, though.  It's important to learn to roll with the punches and pick up the pieces.  Keep pressing on.  Keep answering the plethora of questions even when you have a headache, keep reading when all you want to do is sleep, and keep quiet when you don't have anything nice to say.  It makes it harder when it's hot and sweaty and your feet are swollen from standing and walking all day.  Makes me appreciate what Dawn does every. single. day.

All I really want to do is chill on the couch with my brothers and chat about anything and everything.  Starting to miss you, Hud and Than! ;-)

Well, back to being a grown-up!  Tomorrow is Sunday, so that means a refreshing morning worshipping my savior and fellowshiping with the Christians!

No comments:

Post a Comment