January 20, 2009

President Barack Obama


     And so it is that on this day of January 20, 2009 at around 12:05 our nation, conceived in liberty and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal, inaugurated a new president.  I was taking a math quiz.  Since the a TV was on nearby though, I did hear that Itzhak Perlman, and Yo Yo Ma played a song with some other people whose names I didn't recognize.  At least he had the good taste to pick both the best violinist and best cellist in the world to play at his inauguration!  Yes, I know, how terribly unpatriotic of me!  But school must be done and I wasn't to anxious to watch it anyway.  I will be showing my patriotism in different ways.  Praying for our new president, for our past presidents, for our men and women in arms overseas and abroad, and in the upcoming VFW patriotic art contest.  I am still brain storming ideas, but I'm pretty sure that its theme will be "the last full measure of devotion" from Lincoln's Gettysburg Address.  I haven't forgotten about the stamp, I will post about it when there is time, hopefully tomorrow...   Also, I must post about the big surprise!  My wonderful dad, and my siblings and I gave my mom a big surprise birthday party!  It was lots of fun.  I will also post about that.  I will include some pictures, but unfortunately, when playing the hostess part I forgot to takes oodles of pictures  *gasp!*. 
By the way, the book is just as bad as I thought it would be...so far.
I am feeling: Optimistic
and working

1 comment:

  1. I loved it when Yo Yo Ma played!
    He is incredible!
    I will also be praying for our new president.

    ~Marissa

    ReplyDelete