The only pictures I have right now are the ones from the banquet, but I will probably get others after school is over. (Two more days!!!)
I used Simplicity 4092 and Simplicity 3637
Just about everything is from 4092, but since the sleeve pattern was wacky I used the sleeve pattern from 3637. I read the directions a couple times before I started cutting my fabric because I knew I would be doing this project over the course of about 2 months. In this way I was able do plan out what sort of embellishment I wanted to do and when to do it.
Eggplant Elegance Taffeta from Fabric.com
Fuchsia Taffeta from Fabric.com
All-over nylon scalloped white lace from Fabric.com (though when I washed it with the taffeta it took on the slightest hint of pink. :-)
Beads from my collection
Pink Broadcloth from Fabric.com
Pink bottom weight tablecloth from Thrift store for lining
LOTS of thread :-)
The side (Yes, it is that long!)
Even though you aren't supposed to see the pink broadcloth, I think this shot is really cool. It looks more like a dress from the 18th century because of the way it poofs out. :-)
Hudson and I
I added 1 1/2 inches to the neckline, but it is still on the verge of being a little too low. :-/ Maybe I'll wear a fichu next time. To fill the gap a little I threw together a charm and wore it with some black cord.
The ribbon waistband does clash, but it fits perfectly and is so easy to get on and off with the two hook-and-eyes.
The pink invisible zipper I got from our stash downstairs. Perhaps it was not the best idea. It had been recycled from something else and was pretty old. It was metal, which was nice, but I had to work it a dozen or so times before it decided to cooperate most of the time. My brothers had to zip it up on me a couple times. :-)
Pleats in the front and gathers in the back. It is a little odd, I admit, but that is what the pattern said, so that is what I did.
Here you can see that hint of pink when it is stacked. :-) By the way, 3/4 sleeves with lace have always been cool and a dream of mine. They are amazing. Seriously. Go make yourself a dress with sleeves like this! To die for. :-)
I made a black mask with the leftovers from the leftovers from Hudson's lapels, overlaid it with the lace and glued fuchsia glitter on it. Not the coolest (no feathers :-) but it worked, and it matched.