June 6, 2013

Liebster Award


So I don't normally do tags, but I didn't know what liebster meant, so as your resident logophile I went and looked it up.  It's pronounced (leeb-stuh).

 German To English - Liebster  
(der) n. sweetheart, beloved person, darling, dear

And there you have it! A new name for your petit chou. ;-)

1.   Favorite person in history and why? Probably Dietrich Bonhoeffer, for his brave stand against Adolf Hitler during WWII.

2.   Favorite scents? Rain, lilacs, clean. 
3.   What is your favorite Bible chapter, verse, or passage and why?I don’t have one, but recently I've been meditating on Luke 12:22-28
And he said to his disciples, “Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat, nor about your body, what you will put on. For life is more than food, and the body more than clothing. Consider the ravens: they neither sow nor reap, they have neither storehouse nor barn, and yet God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds! And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? If then you are not able to do as small a thing as that, why are you anxious about the rest? Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. But if God so clothes the grass, which is alive in the field today, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, how much more will he clothe you, O you of little faith! (Luke 12:22-28, ESV)
4.   Favorite season? Usually autumn, but right now I'm loving right where I am.  Spring has changed my life this year.
5.   Genre of music? Classical, gospel, alternative, folk, hymns
6.   Favorite kinds of books? (i.e. fiction, history, etc.) Biographies, textbooks on things I'm interested in
7.   For travel, do you prefer driving, flying, or train? Oh!  How I would love trains. :-)  I'm an air force brat and I get excited whenever I'm even in an airport, but I don't mind driving a bit as long as I'm riding and have a pillow. :-)
8.   Middle name? Kay
9.   Favorite style of shoes? I don't have any, but heeled oxfords.  
10. Ice cream or Mousse? Gelato
11. Favorite color combinations? Aqua, turquoise, slate grey, cream and soft brushed gold.
Image

So I got to the end and read the rules after I had answered all the questions already... so I'm changing the rules. :-)
will be awarding 11 people
3.  Kara
4. Liza
5.  Elizabeth
6.  Annie
7.  Ali
8.  Liza
9.  Joanna
11. Kelsey

The 11 questions to those I Award:
1. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Award Rules:
1. You must thank the person who nominated you.
2. Answer the 11 questions posed by your nominator
3. Pass on the award to 11 new recipients and make sure they know!

1 comment:

  1. (I know I'm probably doing this incorrectly)

    I'm afraid I haven't got 11 blogs to award (I'm rather a creature of habit with my 3-4 regular blogs), but thanks for passing this on!

    I would travel to Great Britain, because of all the history and culture there. I would sing Loch Lomond at Loch Lomond, and dip my toe in Loch Ness, visit John Knox's grave, sit on Arthur's Seat and wander in the heather. There would be so many places in Englad to visit that I couldn't count them all. I'd Visit the Eagle and Child and Oxford and the White Cliffs and.. and goodness, I'd need a long trip!

    What about you?

    ReplyDelete