August 4, 2008

Hurray! Houdini!

     One of my favorite on-the-go hobbies is collecting pressed pennies from wherever  I go.  On the left there is an example of a pressed penny.  I do not have the one displayed.  I am not completely serious about this hobby, and only have like 12, but I always keep my eye open.  Recently my friend Kara was at historical museum, she remembered that I like pressed pennies, and got me a penny with Houdini on it from the Houdini section.  I was elated.  Some of the places I have pennies from are The Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago, Illinois. The United States Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, Colorado, and the Mississippi waterfront museum in Dubuque Iowa.  There are many things you can do with pressed pennies, but I like mine the way they are.  This lady made bracelet out of hers!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jo,

    I'm Kathi Armstrong's niece, Andrea. Kathi Armstrong is your mom's friend from Marquette days(you probably know that) and is about 15 years older than your mom. Through her, your mom has started commenting on my blog. Your mom's about 15 years older than I am. She told me in a comment that she thought you and I would like each other, and interestingly enough I'm about 15 years older than you. I thought I'd drop by and see what's happening over at your blog.

    I love your pressed penny bracelet! What a great way to keep track of them all. Our kids love to get pressed pennies, but then they just float around the house and get lost, so I haven't been too keen on them. But that picture you posted looks really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! I love getting new friends. I was actually thinking about making a bracelet myself, you see, I make a lot of beaded jewelry.
    Jo-Snazz

    ReplyDelete