August 3, 2008

Recipe of the week

This weeks recipe was given to me by my Grandma Judy. 
 We made it last week and it was very good.  
Rhubarb Crunch

Ingredients

1 cup flour

5 Tablespoons powdered sugar

½ cup butter


2 eggs, beaten fluffy

1 teaspoon vanilla


1 ½ cup sugar

½ cup flour

¾ teaspoon baking powder

pinch of salt


2 ½ cups finely cut rhubarb

Directions

1. Combine first group of ingredients for pie crust.  Pat in bottom of 8 or 9 inch square pan. Bake 15 minutes at 350°, or until light brown.  Remove to cool slightly.

2. Mix eggs and vanilla.

3. Combine third group (sugar, flour, baking powder, & salt).

4. Stir into egg mixture, add rhubarb and stir together.

5. Pour mixture over baked crust and bake the crunch for 35 minutes at 350°.

6. Serve with ice cream of whipped cream.  Best when served warm and definitely the ice cream!


Bon Appetite!


1 comment:

  1. Jo-Jo. I love this recipe, but Mom's adaptation is delicious. I got home today at 4:00 Pm and my neighbor told me there are scads of wild blueberries that are ripe. I will have blueberries to make my world famous pies and try out some other blueberry recipes so you can share them with your readers. I love your blog. Love - "The Gram"

    ReplyDelete