October 16, 2008

Costume Progress


On my costume so far I have the lined bodice sewn to the skirt. The skirt was surprisingly easy, and lining the lining up perfectly was the only hard part of the bodice. Yesterday and Today I have been working on the sleeves, they should be done soon. Also, I have convinced my brothers that will be going to the fair to wear costumes. So now I have to whip up a pattern for both of them. I will use the same one for both of them. Should I just make them just the "blouse"(my brothers hate that term) and the vest so that they can wear it with blue-jeans? I'm not sure, and I don't really have time for a lot. Any suggestions? Anyone who wants to help? :) Just kidding.

5 comments:

  1. Hi!!

    You don't know me, but I know the Ryken's. So I found your blog on Jesi's. :)

    I'm planning on being at the Reformation Day Faire so I'll hopefully be able to meet you!!

    Your dress looks AWESOME!! Mine is red and white with a similar bodice and skirt!!

    Do you draw patterns? I do Civil War patterns since that era I usally reenact.

    I hope you figure something out about your brother's clothes. My older brother wouldn't dress up, but I'm dressing my little brother in his Civil War clothes.

    Brooke Whitaker

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks wonderful, Joanna!!! Can't wait to see you in it!!!

    Love, Jesi

    ReplyDelete
  3. here is the schedule for Friday and Saturday of the Reformation Day Fair (it was on our pastor's blog:)... just in case you still need the times of everything happening... can't wait to see you!!

    Love Jesi

    Friday, October 24, 2008

    7:00 pm – 8:30 pm Nathan Clark George in concert

    8:30 pm - 9:30 pm James McDonald on the Scottish Reformation



    Saturday, October 25, 2008

    10:30 am - 11:30 am Registration and Towne Square

    11:30 am - 12:30 pm Boffer War, Arts and Crafts and/or hair decorating

    12:30 pm - 2:00 pm Lunch

    1:30 pm - 2:00 pm Psalm singing instruction

    1:30 pm - 3:00 pm Highland Games and Highland Games Jr.

    3:00 pm - 4:30 pm Chapel: John Knox Monologue and Music by Nathan Clark George

    4:30 pm - 5:30 pm Towne Hall/games at the park/hair decorating

    5:30 pm - 8:00 pm Historical Ball

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Brooke, thanks for stopping by! No, I do not make my own patterns, but sometimes my Mom does. The Civil War reenactment stuff sounds really cool, I wish I could do it. My older brother would not wear a costume either, he even decided he'd rather not come! :( oh well.
    ~Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL!! My older brother doesn't want to come either. :D

    Brooke

    ReplyDelete