December 16, 2008

Skirt pictures I promised

My latest skirt I had some trouble with.  I had bought some denim and decided that I was going to make my own pattern.  So I sewed it up, and ripped it out.  Then I sewed it up again a different way, this time with gourds, then I ripped it out again.  >:(  Since I couldn't do it myself, I pulled out a pattern we have had for a while.  I used the "F" version from Simplicity's pattern 4881.  Since it was not a long as I was hoping it would be, I decided to experiment with a ruffle.   It turned out even better than I was hoping!  Now I'm all excited and want to sew some more.  I think my next project will be some pajama pants...

 




One more thing, TODAY IS THE LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!  For me anyway.  Hope you all have a blessed time over break!
~Joanna

3 comments:

  1. Your skirt is really cool, Joanna!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Joanna! That looks great! I have been planning to make myself some more clothes as soon as the Susan dress is done...which it is. I'm just waiting to take some pictures and then up the post goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, it was really easy.
    Lucie,
    Oh, good! I can't wait to see it! I love the color you picked out.
    ~Joanna

    ReplyDelete