January 18, 2011

Guinevere's Blue Gown

      I'm in love with this gown from King Arthur!  I haven't seen the movie, but I was browsing the Costumer's Guide and found it.  I love the drapey open sleeved grecian look, the color, the empire waist, the hair...jk.  So here I am posting a bunch of pictures and some thoughts on what I would like to do in the future.  Some great research can be found on Maggie's Costume Site.

 The fabric appears to be a slubby linen look fabric.  Definitely not real linen.  There would be many more wrinkles.
 Click on the pictures to make them larger.  When you do you can see that there is also some beige stitching that looks like basting stitches all along the sleeves, however, I think it is just decoration.

 I love the buttons on the sleeves and the beaded trim all along the edge of the sleeves.

5 comments:

  1. Lovely! I love hair!
    The first photo is how I might imagine me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lovely costume! I like the color combo and how it looks very historic, like something from a painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow, kiera knightly looks so pretty there! of course, anyone would look gorgeous in that dress!


    up for a challenge? O.C.T challenge
    at www.livefortodayonline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. luv Kira nightly and love the dress!

    ReplyDelete