July 8, 2008

My very own Cookbook!

   I am going to start my very own noteworthy cookbook.  I found this neat site that will bind your cookbook for you and make it look very professional, here is the site.  Every week I will post a sensational new recipe.  For this week I will post "5 Minute Artisan Bread".  This flavorful recipe is courtesy of my Grandma Marilyn.
5 Minute Artisan Bread
Ingredients
Makes 4 Round loaves

1 ½ Tablespoon yeast

1 ½ Tablespoon Kosher salt

3 cups luke warm water

6 ½  cups unbleached flour

Directions

1. In a bowl, mix all ingredients, DO NOT KNEAD.  Dough will be loose.

2. Let rise.

3. Put in a plastic bag and chill in refrigerator for 1 day to 2 weeks.

4. When needed, take out a ¼ of the dough.  Knead, and maneuver  in to a round loaf, with rounded top.  Let rise.

5. Preheat oven to 450°.  Put 1 cup of water in a broiler pan on the bottom rack.  Put pizza stone on top rack.

6. Sprinkle pizza stone with cornmeal, and top of loaf with flour.

7. Bake bread for 30 minutes.

8. Let cool.  Slice and serve with butter or an oil, salt, and pepper mixture.




*Bread may be made the same day, but it must be chilled for at least a little bit.  The longer it chills, the better it turns out.


Bon Appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment