We went over to a friend's house on Friday. That happens about once a year. Just saying. Big families don't usually get asked over. It's a lot of food and dishes. So this was pretty cool. We offered to bring a dessert, and I volunteered to make it. So this happened. It was pretty awesome.
We had made chocolate pudding the night before with a nifty homemade mix and had lot's extra so I decided to make something with that. Originally I was thinking a French silk pie so I google recipes and this version of the traditional Mississippi Mud Pie resulted.
Dark chocolate shavings
Real whip cream
Uh huh. Yeah, if you ate a piece the size you see in the pictures I'm pretty sure you'd die. It is incredibly rich and oh so yummy!
1. Put a package of oreos in your food processor and grind them up. Press into the bottom of a greased 10 inch spring-form pan.
2. Make up a fudge brownie mix and pour over the oreos. Bake per box instructions. It will take a deal longer that it says though. Test with a toothpick and take out when baked batter is sticking to it (not dripping batter)
3. Let is cool!
4. Spread your chocolate pudding over it.
5. Whip just over a cup of heavy cream till it forms soft peaks. Add 2 Tb of white sugar and beat into stiff peaks.
6. Spread whip cream carefully over the pudding.
7. Shave chocolate evenly over the top and refrigerate for at least an hour.
8. Eat. But not too much. :-)